Monday 21 April 2008

Wikis outside the heritage sector

I've been a bit quiet on the blogging front recently because I took some time to start writing a very rough first draft of the first few sections of my dissertation. I wanted to see where the gaps in my reading appeared once I started to write. Sure enough they appeared quickly.

One particular gap that I noticed appeared when I tried to write a brief survey of how wikis were being used outside the heritage sector. This section needn't be long so I'm going to spend this evening researching this a bit, and logging my findings here, then I can just write the entry up more formally.

So, I need to explore the following:

Private sector wikis
Public sector wikis
Wikis in education
Wikis in libraries
Wikis for the general public

I've linked to the ones that I've managed to research tonight but now I've got bored of this kind of necessary gap filling so I'm going to go back to something more interesting and will no doubt do the other bits at a later date.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home